Sunday, February 8, 2009

Photos!

Yesterday Michael and I thought it would be nice to go to a park, walk around, take some pictures, and be outside because it was such a beautiful day. Little did we know that it was Homestead Heritage Day! This was great because I had wanted to practice taking some pictures for my class. I had so many opportunities to take fun pictures! We enjoyed watching the Civil War re-enactment. Although it was really funny because they had the south win the battle. They also painted the North in a really bad light (they were being mean to the southern folks-taking their food, pushing them around, etc.). I guess that's what we should have expected since we're in the south! Since my dear friend Golda has requested to see some pictures (thanks by the way! I was just waiting for someone to ask!!), I'm posting some below. I'm also posting some I took of Colby (our dog) at home. He's a very photogenic dog!
This picture of the little boy is the only one I've tried photo editing so far. The photo came out a little bit blurry, but I still like it!
It was neat to watch this woman. She was taking wool and spinning it into thread.

This was Colby getting a bath. He absolutely hates getting wet! But he's just so darn cute!!
I think Colby's gotten used to me taking pictures of him. The sound of the camera used to make him jump a little. Now it doesn't seem to phase him.




7 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWWW... Colby is so well behaved!!!! Great pictures!!!!!

Sarah said...

Great pictures! You are really talented!

Golda said...

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing them! I especially like the one of the little boy.

Anonymous said...

i really like the first one, and the one of the woman with the wool. i love looking at pictures, so you should definately post more. =)
-allison

Donna said...

Those pictures are great! You have another talent to add to your life. Maybe you can teach me to use my camera. :o) Hugs, Donna

Melissa said...

you're a pro already! haha!!! you still have to practice some more on jay and i so don't get too good and not need practice :) anyways GOOD JOB! they look really really good! i miss you guys!!! LOVE YOU!

Allie said...

These are GORGEOUS! Way to go Dav!