Monday, July 20, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday turned out to be a fairly eventful day for Michael and I. It started out completely normal. We went to church and enjoyed a lunch put on by the youth. Then we went home, relaxed, and decided to buy a new vacuum cleaner. For some reason, Michael and I seem to have trouble with vacuum cleaners. They stop working correctly within a years time. So, we decided to get the Mac Daddy of vacuum cleaners...we got an Oreck!!! After we made our exciting purchase, we were headed to go play cards, but I wanted to stop and buy batteries for my new flash. As we started to turn into the CVS off of the beltway, I suddenly heard a screech and then we got hit. This is my first official accident that I have ever been in. We quickly pulled over to the side in the parking lot and hopped out. It felt like we had been hit pretty hard, but our car had a surprisingly small amount of damage (but since the tail pipe was bent, it had to be towed). The lady that hit us had a significant amount of damage to her front end, but thankfully no one was hurt. Everything went a lot smoother than I thought it would. The police officer showed up, asked what happened, checked everyone's information, and then sent us on our way. Everyone was extremely nice and no one was upset with anyone. The whole process wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Now we'll see if dealing with the insurance companies is as easy!


Two weeks ago, I practiced my picture taking on my dear friend Katy and her family. Her two kiddos are absolutely precious! I feel the need to mention that it was incredibly hot when we took these pictures. I think I was dripping with sweat about 5 minutes into the photo session. I have no idea how they managed to stay looking so beautiful in the heat, but they did. Thank you Katy! I enjoyed it so much!!
This is probably my favorite picture!
So sweet!

I love Jonah's smile in this picture!




Again, I love Jonah's smile in this picture. Next time I'll make sure that the sun is not in everyone's faces- sorry Dennis!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You did amazing Davra. Proud of ya and quite impressed! Love you, praying for you, and can't wait to see you!!!!

Unknown said...

Awe! We are honored to have our pictures posted. They turned out so great! I especially love the one of just Peyton holding Dennis's fingers. That one's definitely being framed and hung on the wall for everyone to see. Thank you so much for doing this for our family. We just love you guys!

Golda said...

Didn't we go through a couple vacuums at Cottonwood as well in our three years there?

Also, very nice pictures!

Photography by Joyelle said...

YAY!!! You are doing so good, Davra! Great photos! You are such a natural! Love ya, girlie!