Monday, January 19, 2009

Spontaneous!

Michael and I have recently gotten into taking spontaneous trips together. Michael's birthday was the 31st of December, and we decided just a few days before it that we were going to drive up to Colorado and go skiing. It was so much fun to just hop in the car and go. We drove through the night (it took almost 20 hours!) without stopping to Winter Park and enjoyed two days of skiing. We soon discovered we were not the most skilled skiers, but we had a blast! This weekend we went to visit one of my friends from college who lives out in the country. It's so peaceful there. On Saturday night we built a bonfire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over it. The weather was perfect. It was just a little bit chilly, so I ended up falling asleep in front of the fire that felt nice and warm. I woke up abruptly when the coyotes started howling. It sounded like they had us surrounded, but Whitney assured me that they sound closer than they really were. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and missed many opportunities to take beautiful pictures this past weekend.

I'm really hoping to start seriously getting into photography. I'm really good at starting things, but horrible at seeing them all the way through. So, if you need something to pray about, please pray that I have the discipline to really start practicing photography. I've always enjoyed taking pictures, but I'm hoping to develop it into more than just a hobby. I'd like to be good enough that I can one day join Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep and use that as an opportunity to offer comfort to those going through a situation similar to ours.

2 comments:

Golda said...

Remember that time we were discussing what the word "jelly" means - if it refers to grape jelly or is just a generic word for any type and you made the argument that it means grape jelly because as the song clearly states "first you take the grapes and you squish em, squish em." So I was making jeremy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich last night and thought of that. :)

Are you going to post pictures that you take somewhere on the internet? I'd like to see them!

jmstone said...

Ahhh, that trip does sound like it was peaceful...it's nice being away from all the craziness of our city. Anyway, I will pray that God will use your talent as a photographer to glorify Him and that sounds like such a great idea for you. It's nice to have something outside from worries and work to find joy in. Maybe I'll pick up art like you've picked up photography...you're motivating me Davra! hehe