Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Roses are Red

Not this month. In a weird way, I'm just glad to have an answer. I'm a little sad, but not devastated.

I feel really bad for my students right now though. I'm terribly moody during this time of the month and my moodiness seems to be even worse than before I was pregnant. So, let me tell you what happened today! I have three little girls that are feuding. This has been going on for a week or two. This is the first problem of this sort for the whole year. Other than this, my students have all gotten along wonderfully (it's kind of strange just how well they got along). Needless to say, I was not a happy camper when they started getting on each other's cases again today during recess. Normally I would have calmly figured out what was going on and had them work it out, but like I said earlier, I'm very mood right now. And my mood at the current time was not a good one. After trying to avoid having to deal with the problem and then receiving a horrible glare from one of the girls the entire time I was teaching a math lesson, I decided to address the problem. Once in the hallway, I gave a nice little lecture that was way harsher than normal. I started to feel bad and made sure we had a nice group hug at the end. Even though the girls left with somewhat of a smile (At one point all three were crying), I still felt guilty for being so harsh towards one of the girls. I called her up and apologized. What I'm going to end with is what the little girl gave me at the end of the day. This is why I love 4th grade- you can have them in tears one moment and then they'll tell you they love you the next. No grudge holding.
"Roses are red, violets are blue; Sugar is sweet and so are you...I love you Mrs. Sitton"

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a sweetheart! I'm sure you handled it just fine.

I don't know if you've seen "Fireproof" yet (it's a pretty good Christian movie), but I immediately began praying for you when I heard this song in the movie. I thought you might like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7TSGptd3Y&feature=related

Love you,
Amy