Thursday, April 16, 2009

Photography!

This past weekend I practiced taking some pictures of my sister-in-law and her fiance. Thank you Melissa and Jay!!! I had so much fun doing it (I probably enjoyed the it way more than everyone else!). Here are some of the photos that I thought turned out well. I played around with the photoshop some what on some of them. (there are two pictures that are the same, just one BW and the other color. I couldn't decide which looked best)
On a side note, let me just say that God is amazing. I was starting to wonder if I was heading in the right direction with this photography thing. Lots of self doubt (I know who to thank for that-just took me a little while to see it). Yesterday I was showing a friend my pictures and was saying that it would be really nice to practice with another photographer. Last night I ended up emailing a friend of mine, that is a wonderful professional photographer, and I asked her a question about autofocus vs. manual. Shortly after that I got on my knees and asked God to give me guidance as to whether or not to keep going with photography. Well, I was so excited this morning when I got online and saw a reply from my friend (the photographer). She had answered my question and then asked me if I wanted to get together and practice! This may seem small, but I have no doubt that was a direct answer to prayer. I hadn't mentioned getting together in the email, but felt like that was the very thing I really need to go further with getting better at taking pictures. Needless to say, I'm still amazed.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Davra these pictures are amazing!! I am really impressed!!

Melissa said...

NO we totally enjoyed it and love love love the pictures. Jay's mom used them at the shower this past weekend and I am sure that if we put some up at the reception we will most definently be using these!!! Thanks so much...and YES you better continue on this photography path. lol. You did an amazing job! Love you

Amy said...

Beautiful photos Davra!

Photography by Joyelle said...

Good job, Davra! You definitely have the eye! And I agree with your sis, you should pursue this! So when do you want to get together? =0)

Golda said...

Such cute pictures!

Katy said...

You don't even look like a beginner at this at all! You are doing wonderful. If you are still wanting to take pics this weekend let me know. Saturday or Sunday?

Anonymous said...

i think those are great pictures. you should definately keep it up.

- allison king

Sandy and Anna said...

Hi Davra,
I'm a friend of Julie's and I found your blog through hers. Your pictures are beautiful!